Provider: AutoHabit LC SRL with headquarters in Carierei str., no. 160, Birou 14, Brasov municipality, Brasov county, registered at ORC under no. J8/1779/2019, CUI RO41158866, bank account RO57 BACX 0000 0018 4895 8001 – in RON opened at Unicredit Bank. E-mail: email@example.com Phone 0733.244.244 Website: rent-car-brasov.ro
Beneficiary: The natural or legal person who rents the vehicle. Driver: The person designated by the beneficiary. The object of this Contract consists in the use (rental) for a limited period by the provider of the vehicle with the identification data specified in this contract/minute, to the beneficiary, in exchange for the payment of the rental price by the latter.
Documents: The beneficiary must present the original: a Romanian or international driver’s license with the right to drive recognized in Romania, an identity document and a credit card in his name. If the home address is not listed on the identity card/driver’s license, the beneficiary must prove it with a recent utility bill or a recent account statement. Inexperienced/young/senior drivers: The driver must be at least 21 years old, maximum 80 years old, and have a driving license for at least 1 year. For drivers aged between 21-24 years/70-80 years, the value of the guarantee is doubled; for drivers with 1-2 years of experience, the value of the guarantee is doubled; if both conditions are met, the value of the guarantee increases 4 times; the provider reserves the right to rent only certain vehicles/classes of vehicles.
The reservation is confirmed only after confirmation of its payment. Payment can be made by online card, bank transfer or cash at the agency. If a vehicle is reserved but it is not available on the requested date, the beneficiary will be given another of a similar or higher class at no additional cost, if it is available, or the payment will be refunded, without any penalty or compensation from the the provider. If the beneficiary is offered a vehicle from a lower class, and he accepts, the provider will reimburse him the difference in the rental price from the reserved vehicle to the accepted one. If a vehicle with a manual gearbox is reserved, but it is not available on the requested date, there is the possibility of being given a vehicle with an automatic gearbox. If the pick-up is delayed by more than an hour, the beneficiary reserves the right to cancel the reservation. For self-service rental, the availability of a vehicle will be checked directly from the application, and if the vehicle is available during the requested period, it will be paid directly on the website with an online card. The hierarchy of vehicle classes can be found in the „Car classes” table.
Cancellation of the reservation: If there are more than 48 hours until the scheduled date for picking up the vehicle: the reservation can be canceled, and the beneficiary chooses whether the provider issues a voucher (to be used for a future rental) for the entire amount paid in advance, or refunds the amount paid in advance minus 20 euros (bank commissions and processing costs). If there are less than 48 hours until the scheduled date for picking up the vehicle: the reservation can be canceled, the amount is not refunded, and the provider issues a voucher (to be used for a future rental) for the entire amount paid in advance. The guarantee represents the maximum limit that the beneficiary pays, in case of damage due to his own fault or the fault of an unknown author. Its value differs according to the vehicle and is mentioned in the reservation and in the minutes. Violation of contractual obligations obliges the beneficiary to pay damages/taxes above the amount of the guarantee. The guarantee will be blocked on a credit card. If the guarantee is automatically unlocked before returning the vehicle, the beneficiary is obliged to allow a new blocking/withdrawal of it in the cases stipulated in the contract. From the moment the provider unlocks the guarantee, he no longer has any responsibility related to the time when these amounts are made available to the beneficiary again, responsibility that belongs to the company that administers the card and/or the banking institution (in exceptional cases it can take up to 30 of days).
Delivery: After reading and accepting the contract and the prices, the vehicle will be delivered to the beneficiary at the time agreed by the parties, and will be recorded in the handover-receipt report (hereinafter referred to as the „Report”) which is an integral part of this contract. The vehicle is delivered to the beneficiary clean, in optimal operating conditions, with a full tank of fuel, together with other appropriate equipment (medical kit, jack, spare wheel, etc.), which will be checked by the beneficiary, and inventoried in the handover report – reception. When taking over the vehicle, the beneficiary has the obligation to check the operation of the lights and the condition of the tires, including the condition of the spare wheel. Any complaint related to the condition of the vehicle must be made immediately upon receiving it and must be mentioned in the report or photographed, which the parties recognize as sufficient evidence to prove any subsequent damage to the vehicle. The delivery of the vehicle by an agent outside of opening hours (when there is availability) is paid according to the Prices Annex.
Return: The beneficiary undertakes to return the vehicle in good condition, with all necessary documents, equipment and accessories, at the location and date set. If the vehicle is returned in weather conditions that make it difficult to check its condition, outside of opening hours, in self-service mode or dirty, the provider has 24 hours at his disposal (starting with the first working day following the day of return) to inspect the defects/damages caused to the vehicle, and the beneficiary understands that he is solely responsible for these damages, he agrees with the finding made in his absence and with the necessary payment to cover them. If the vehicle has multiple damages, the provider has up to 30 days to assess the vehicle’s damages. If the vehicle is returned to a location where the parking fee is paid, this is the responsibility of the beneficiary. If the vehicle is returned dirty, the washing fee is charged according to the price table in the contract. If the provider agrees with the return to a different location than the one initially established, a relocation fee between 20-300 euros is applied, this being communicated to the beneficiary. Failure to comply with the place of return leads to the loss of the guarantee and obliges the beneficiary to pay compensation of 500 euros plus the amount spent by the provider to bring the vehicle to the designated place. Returning to an agent outside of opening hours (when there is availability) is paid according to the Price Annex.
Early return: For early return, the value of the remaining rental days is not returned. In the case of long-term contracts (more than 30 days), the intention to return must be announced 30 calendar days in advance; even if it is returned sooner, it will still be paid 30 days from the moment of notification.
Extension/Delay/Refusal Return: Any delay/request for extension must be announced at least 24 hours in advance, and must be approved by the provider, there is also the option not to approve, the beneficiary being obliged to return the vehicle according to the contract. For self-service rentals, the availability of an extension will be checked directly from the application, and if the vehicle is available during the requested period, it will be paid directly from the application. If the beneficiary delays the return of the vehicle between 1-2 hours, 50% of the rate/day from the contract will be charged, if he is late by more than 2 hours, he will be charged the rate/day from the contract, if he is late by more than 4 hours the basic rental rate for this vehicle (mentioned on the minutes) will be charged for each day of delay. If the beneficiary does not announce the fact that the return is delayed, or the extension of the contract was not approved by the provider, after 2 hours the provider reserves the right to use all legal means to recover the vehicle, and the expenses generated by this recovery will fall into the beneficiary’s burden. In this situation, the beneficiary undertakes not to object in any way to the right of repossession exercised by the provider and not to refuse the return of the vehicle, any opposition being qualified as a crime of breach of trust (provided for and punished by art. 238 of the Criminal Code) . Leaving Romania/intention to leave Romania or travel to countries other than those for which the provider has approved the travel, without the provider’s consent, is treated as the delay in returning the vehicle by more than 2 hours, leads to the loss of the warranty, is considered attempted theft/ breach of trust (with the right to notify the Police), and obliges the beneficiary to pay compensation of 1000 euros, in addition to the other taxes imposed according to the contract.
Vehicle replacement: The provider undertakes to replace the vehicle (within availability) on the territory of Romania in the event of a breakdown that cannot be repaired on the spot, if the damage or technical failure is not the fault of the beneficiary, within a maximum of 24 hours, and if the provider will be unable to replace the vehicle, the beneficiary will be refunded the part of the rental cost calculated in proportion to the time the vehicle could not be used. If the damage/tehnical fault is the fault of the beneficiary, or if he has violated the contractual conditions, he will be requested to pay the round-trip towing fee from the provider’s headquarters to the location of the damaged vehicle and back, and the provider has the right to refuse vehicle replacement. If the provider agrees with the replacement of the vehicle, in addition to the towing fees, a new warranty will be blocked. The provider is not responsible for the losses incurred by the beneficiary in case of breakdown or breakdown of the vehicle, with the exception of the expenses authorized by the beneficiary for repairs. If the provider’s representative goes to the location indicated by the beneficiary and finds that the damage is non-existent or does not affect the safety of the vehicle, the beneficiary is obliged to pay the cost of the trip and the intervention of the provider/representative. All findings and repairs are made only with photo/video evidence, and only after the provider’s acceptance.
Outside of Romania, the provider does not ensure the repair/replacement of the vehicle, even if the defects were not caused by the beneficiary (any costs are borne by the beneficiary, regardless of the reason for the defect/damage); the beneficiary’s obligation is to return the defective/damaged vehicle to the provider’s premises, or to bear all the costs for its repatriation. For vehicles located outside Romania, if the vehicle reaches the mileage at which it requires periodic maintenance, replacement of tires (used/change of season) or if problems arise that the provider agrees to remedy outside Romania, the provider provides the beneficiary with the necessary parts , and the beneficiary has the obligation to bear the costs of shipping + installation work. For leaving the country, in addition to the rental rate, a daily fee „exiting the country” is added, the value of which can be found in the „Prices Annex”, and in addition to the warranty corresponding to the vehicle, an „additional guarantee leaving the country” is added whose value can be found in the „Prices Annex”. „Additional guarantee leaving the country” is paid even if the customer chose the „SCDW” option.
The beneficiary undertakes:
– to check the state of the lights and tires when taking over the vehicle and every time it leaves for the road;
– not to smoke in the vehicle;
– not to act in the name of the provider and not to create obligations and/or responsibilities in the name and/or on his behalf;
– not to transport animals in the vehicle; the exception is animals transported in special cages for car transport, stored only in the trunk;
– to respond to the telephone number and e-mail address that he provided, and if there have been any changes, to announce immediately;
– to pay any fine/tax within a maximum of 24 hours from the moment of its notification, after which a penalty of 1%/calendar day is applied until the full payment of the amount.
– to comply with the road legislation/legislation in force in Romania or in the country/countries transited;
– to operate the vehicle according to its destination;
– to take care of the vehicle as a good owner (respecting the instructions for use and keeping it in good working order throughout the duration of this contract);
– not to overload (with goods or passengers) the vehicle and not to tow other vehicles, trailers, etc.;
– to drive the vehicle only on public roads; not to drive the car on country, unpaved, forest roads and roads that are not marked on the map as being open to public traffic; not to enter flooded places or watercourses;
– not to use the vehicle in races/contests;
– not to drive under the influence of alcoholic beverages, drugs, ethnobotanicals, hallucinogenic substances, sedatives or any substance that reduces his ability to drive vehicles;
– not to drive more than 8 hours/day, not to exceed the legal speed limit by more than 50km/h, in no case not to exceed the speed of 150km/h for cars and 120km/h for vans, and in case in which he does so, he is fully liable for all damages caused in the event of an accident or damage (even subsequent), even if the event takes place on a different day than the one in which he violated any of these two clauses; more precisely, if he drove for more than 8 hours on any day of the contractual period, or exceeded the legal speed limit by more than 50km/h or the maximum limit of 150km/h on any day of the contractual period, he is fully responsible of any damages/damages produced on any day throughout the contractual period;
– not to use the vehicle for purposes other than personal, i.e. not to use it for the transport of goods or merchandise in order to obtain income, not to use it as a taxi/uber, etc.;
– not to use it to transport illegal/prohibited goods;
– to take all measures to limit damages, according to the circumstances in which the event/defect occurred, in the shortest possible time;
– to take all measures to preserve traces of theft or attempted theft, to save, preserve and guard the vehicle or its remaining components as a result of damage or theft, as well as to prevent further damage;
– not to give any statement to the police or other persons/companies/institutions by which to waive claims against the person responsible for causing the damage/theft, preserving the right to claim compensation against the person responsible for causing the damage;
– to notify the provider within a maximum of 1 hour in the event of any road accident (bumper, accident, etc.), vandalism, attempted theft or a malfunction (repairs are made only with the consent of the beneficiary, in services authorized and approved by him), and to stop using the vehicle (in the event of its breakdown/bumping/damage) without the provider’s consent, especially if the damage is of such a nature as to affect its operation, such as: wheels, brakes, windows, wipers, lights, air conditioning, etc.;
– not to enter with the vehicle in narrow places or places that are not high enough (low ceilings, some parking lots, places with height restrictions, etc.) to allow the vehicle access, or in places with curbs/stones/bumps that can damage the part from the bottom of the vehicle;
– not to give the vehicle for use by a person not authorized by the provider;
– not to intervene in any way on its technical or aesthetic condition, without the consent of the provider.
– to supply only with the fuel recommended by the manufacturer;
– to transmit the location and allow access to the vehicle by the provider or his authorized representatives at any time when the provider requests this.
The beneficiary has taken note that the vehicles are permanently monitored by GPS, that is, the entire route (stops, stationary, speeds) is known to the provider, and that he can use them at any time to clarify certain situations. The beneficiary undertakes to keep the vehicle locked while not using it and to keep its keys and documents.
In case of damage:
In the case of a flat tire: the beneficiary has the obligation to replace the damaged wheel with the spare wheel, then go to the first vulcanization and repair/replace the tire with a similar one. The beneficiary must then put the repaired wheel in the place where it was on the vehicle, and the spare wheel in the spare wheel slot. During the period when the vehicle has the spare wheel mounted, the maximum speed at which the vehicle can run is 70 km/h.
In case of accident, various damages or theft, the driver/beneficiary is obliged:
– to notify the provider within a maximum of 1 hour after the occurrence of the event by e-mail and by phone
– to present clear photos of the damage, the place of the event and the vehicles involved
– to present the driver’s license or proof of its replacement (in case it was detained)
– to obtain the following documents: the police report (from which it can be seen whether or not the driver was under the influence of alcoholic beverages or prohibited substances) and the repair authorization, both with the stamp of the police station and the signature of the officer who drew up the report; copy after: the bulletin, the identity card, the passport (where applicable), the driver’s license, the registration certificate and the compulsory civil liability insurance/green card of the guilty driver/vehicle and of the innocent person(s) involved in the event.
In the event of an accident, if before its occurrence the vehicle was traveling at a speed higher than the permitted speed limit for the road sectors on which it traveled, the beneficiary is responsible for paying the damages, the towing and the lack of use of the vehicle, regardless of the type of protection chosen by the beneficiary.
In case of mechanical damage caused by improper use of the vehicle recognized by the beneficiary, he is responsible for paying them. If the beneficiary does not admit his fault, a finding will be made in the service (the beneficiary has the right to participate in the finding if he wishes), and the beneficiary must also pay for the towing to the service and back to the provider’s headquarters, the value of the finding and the repair.
Damage quantification is done with the Gt Estimate application (an international program that provides complete information on prices for spare parts, labor and painting, both for mechanical and body repairs), and the cost of one hour of labor is 200 lei.
Seizure/retention: In case the vehicle is detained by the Romanian/foreign authorities due to the fault of the beneficiary, the provider reserves the right to claim compensation for all expenses necessary for re-entry into physical possession and regaining the right to use the vehicle (transportation expenses up to provider’s headquarters, parking fees, other related fees, fines, penalties, etc.), and will pay the rental rate for the entire period in which the provider cannot use the vehicle at the basic rental price for this vehicle (mentioned on the minutes) multiplied by the number of days in which the beneficiary cannot use the vehicle).
Liability: If the contractual conditions are not violated, the beneficiary is responsible for the maximum amount of the guarantee for the first event, the value of the following damages being borne by the beneficiary. If the beneficiary has not announced any damage, the one with the lower repair value is considered to be the first event (in the case of multiple damages). If the beneficiary/driver violates the laws of Romania (or of the country where the event occurred), if he violates one or more clauses of the contract, or does not present the documents stipulated in the contract, he is responsible for paying all damages suffered by the provider in case of damage to the vehicle , and is obliged to pay the market value of the vehicle and the rental rate for the entire period in which the borrower cannot use the vehicle (the basic rental rate for this vehicle is applied multiplied by the number of days the beneficiary cannot use the vehicle) . If Windows and Wheels Protection has not been opted for, the beneficiary pays the cost for the replacement of glazed elements (windows and mirrors) as a result of cracks caused by stones, and the cost for the intervention in the case of replacing the damaged tire. Regardless of the type of protection chosen, even if he chose „SCDW”, the beneficiary is fully responsible for the damage caused to the lower part of the vehicle, specifically shields, drums, radiators, oil pan, mechanical elements, etc. In case of total damage/total theft, and if he has not violated the contractual conditions, the beneficiary undertakes to pay 20% of the market value of the vehicle at the time of damage. The beneficiary undertakes to pay other subsequent taxes that are imputable to him, such as: the value of the damage to the vehicle in the conditions where the insurer does not compensate for various reasons, parking tickets, access/road/bridge taxes and/or corresponding fines, fines traffic or parking etc., occurred during the period in which the beneficiary had the vehicle in use. For each fine/payment notice or any other operation that must be processed by the beneficiary, a fee of 50 euros is paid for each operation. In case the vehicle was driven by a person other than the person/s authorized by the provider, the responsibility for the damages caused by a road accident rests with the beneficiary, jointly with the person involved in the event, the provider having the possibility of tracking any of them for the recovery of damages. If the beneficiary exceeds the payment deadline of the invoice/invoices, any damage/damage occurring in the period between the 7th day of delay and the moment when the outstanding amounts are paid, is considered the responsibility of the beneficiary, regardless of the value of its cost.
Termination. Violation of any clause of the contract, use for purposes that contravene the legislation in force, violation of the legislation in force (including illegal parking), use in violation of payment obligations (eg the contract is on time but the payment terms of the invoices have been exceeded) or other obligations arising from the contract give the provider the right to terminate the contract on the spot and to ask the beneficiary to return the vehicle before the term established in the contract, without returning to the beneficiary the equivalent amount for the remaining period of the contract and the guarantee, and if the beneficiary refuses the return, the provider has the right to immediately retake possession of the vehicle, without notice, and the eventual recovery costs will be borne by the beneficiary.
Fuel: If the vehicle is brought with less fuel than it had when it was taken over or if it does not have the last fuel supply receipt from a maximum distance of 10 km from the place of return, a refueling fee of 30 euros + the value of the missing fuel will be charged.
The mileage allowed without additional costs related to the number of rental days can be found in the „Km Table”. The number of free km related to it can be found in the reservation. The cost for additional km can be found in the „Prices Annex”.
Disputes: Any disputes will be resolved amicably, if possible. If the disputes cannot be resolved amicably, the disputes will be resolved by the competent courts within the county of the provider.
Notification between the parties: any notification, invoice or other notification is considered communicated if it was sent to the e-mail address, telephone, whatsupp or to the address in the contract, the address on the documents or another home address.
Penalties: if the beneficiary does not respect his obligation to pay by the due date, he will be obliged to pay late penalties in the amount of 1%/calendar day of delay which will be applied to the value of the due and unpaid amount, without notification advance or delay. The amount of penalties may exceed the value of the debit on which they are applied. For invoices without a specified due date, the due date is the date of issue.
Language/Translation: This contract and the website were drafted in Romanian and English. In case of divergence between these two versions, the Romanian language will prevail.
PROTECTIONS INCLUDED (free)
RCA Civil liability insurance for motor vehicles has compensation limits, established by Romanian legislation. If the value of the accident damages exceeds the limit established by the law, the beneficiary is directly responsible for the difference between the total value of the damages produced and the maximum limit accepted by the law, agreeing to the full payment of the value. In case of an accident or any other incidents, the beneficiary has no financial claim from the provider for compensation for injuries, hospitalization, material damages, etc.
CDW Collision Damage Waiver: thanks to this protection, the maximum limit that the beneficiary pays, in case of damage due to his own fault or the fault of an unknown author, is the value of the guarantee (its value is mentioned in the reservation and in the minutes). Even with this protection included, the beneficiary remains responsible for the payment of damages/taxes resulting from the breach of contractual obligations.
OPTIONAL PROTECTIONS (against cost)
The rates for these appear on the website, in the reservation and on the minutes
The SCDW Super Collision Damage Waiver is a fee that reduces the value of the guarantee to 0, that is, in the event of a damage due to one’s own fault or the fault of an unknown author, the beneficiary pays nothing. Even with this protection included, the beneficiary remains responsible for the payment of damages/taxes resulting from the breach of contractual obligations.
The SCDW option also includes for free:
Windows and Wheels Protection: if this protection has been opted for, the beneficiary does not pay the cost for the replacement of glazed elements (windows and mirrors) as a result of cracks caused by stones, nor does he pay the cost for the intervention in the case of replacing a damaged tire (but the value of the tire will pay). The first option in case of a flat tire is to replace the damaged wheel with the spare wheel.
Extended roadside assistance: if this protection has been opted for, the cost of the intervention is not paid for the intervention in the following cases: keys stuck in the car, discharged battery, towing in case of improper fuel supply (repair cost must still be paid), refueling fee (replacement cost fuel must still be paid).
Working schedule Agents (closed public holidays)
Only with reservations and depending on availability: Extra Program Pickup with a fee of 10 euros
Program Call Center: M-F: 08:00-20:00
Self Service work schedule
Non Stop-only for users registered during the program
Ford Focus hatchback
Dacia Dokker Frig
Renault Megane hatcback
Ford Focus SW
Ford Transit Frig
Bmw Seria3 SW
Renault Master Frig
Mercedes C Class SW
Mercedes Sprinter Frig
Audi A4 Sedan
Skoda Octavia Sedan
Toyota Corolla Sedan
< 8+1 SEATS
< 8+1 SEATS
Price (tva included)
Fee for additional kilometers
10-30euro/100km (it is specified according to the car)
Exit tax outside Romania
Additional guarantee leaving the country car
Additional guarantee leaving the country van/minibus
Car interior+exterior washing
10euro (if the interior is very dirty, an additional 10 euros is added)
Washing interior+exterior SUV+7 seats+Van+Minibus
20euro (if the interior is very dirty, an additional 20 euros is added)
Upholstery stain (which comes out when washing).
Burns and other damage to the seats and upholstery
Exterior body element painting
Body element polish
Re-painting the alloy wheel
Loss of Registration Certificate
Loss Dacia car key
Loss of foreign car key
Damage to registration number plate
Loss of registration number plate
Legislative package (full or partial)
30euro + actual fuel cost
Fine processing fee/other documents
20-300euro depending on location/availability
FREE KM TABLE valid for NORMAL/PREMIUM package. For the ECONOMIC package, the number of included free km is halved. Rand 1: number of days. Row 2: km included. Row 3: average including km/day.
Varianta in limba romana a acestor termeni si conditii o gasiti pe site-ul nostru: rent-car-brasov.ro
Name and surname_______________________________ Signature____________________
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
This section will explain where and how your personal data will be used. We will only process the personal data that you provide us and for which you give your consent to the processing. We will not transfer your personal data to third parties except in situations stipulated and imposed by the legislation in force.
1. Use of personal data: Your provision of personal data is necessary to fulfill our legal obligations for the current activity. Also, the information is necessary for the fulfillment of our contractual obligations, respectively for the rental, development, modification, completion or termination of the contract with you.
2. Categories of information we collect: The personal data we collect are those provided by you either directly or through the companies with which the subscriber collaborates. The personal data collected are: Name, surname, domicile, identity document data, CNP, driver’s license data, bank card data used, phone number, email.
Data is collected when you become our customer. The data will be stored at least for the period provided by law for the preservation/archiving of rental contracts and the development of which they are collected as well as related documents.
3. The purpose of collecting personal data: We process your personal data only for legitimate purposes, namely in order to rent, develop, execute, modify, complete, terminate commercial contracts between the subscriber and you for the previously described purposes.
4. Data security: Autohabit SRL pays special attention to the security of transmitted data. We comply with generally accepted standards to protect personal and identity data transmitted to us, both during their transmission and after receiving them.
Name and surname_______________________________ Signature____________________